background

Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Visit to the Kaifeng Social Welfare Institute Orphanage

A brand new facility the kids had been in for 2 months. Our wonderful agency CCAI began what they call Lily Orphan Care Centers or LOCC in many of the orphanges. In these rooms there is a better nanny-to-child ratio, nanny training, and more available resources. This is made possible by people back here who sponsor each of these children! So thankful for the family who sponsored Will for his first year! May those who give with a cheerful heart be blessed!
Will's Crib. I guess they would let him play with a real watermelon? 

Will's favorite Nanny!  
Every child you see in a Nannies arms is waiting for their forever family! Maybe you are the one!

Such a nice building away from the hustle of the busy city! So thankful money is being put where it matters!

6 comments:

  1. Wow. That is the same orphanage where we adopted our son, George, in August of 2012. I recognize Wil's favorite nanny as one of George's nannies, although George's favorite was one of the older ladies. Very happy to see the improvements at the orphanage and hope and pray that all of the children find loving homes soon. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda
    My name is Shelly Hunter and I found your blog by googling Kaifeng Social Welfare Institute because we just got a referral yesterday about a little girl who is in this institute. I was unaware it was a Lilly center until I read your post, and we are using CCAI as well! In her pictures it looks like she is in a not nice place and it looks different than the pictures you posted of your sons room. Is the Lilly room just one room of the big building or the entire building? I was wondering if I could email you personally with a few questions. Thank you so much for your help!! shellyrhunter@gmail.com
    Blessings,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter too is at Kaifeng Social Welfare Institute. would like to follow any posts about the orphanage... thank you. My daughter has cerebral palsy. mommaestra@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda. My name is Laura and I'm Italian. I was googling Kaifeng Social Welfare Institute when surprisingly I saw a picture of my daughter Xin Yi. She is the child with the white dress. In this picture, she was 3 years old. We hadn't the possibility to visit the institute when we went to China to hug her in October 2013. I'm very happy because now, I have a picture of her in China. I thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda.
    We visited the Kaifeng orphanage in May 2015. It was already completed.My daughter was 2 and half years old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda,

    We adopted our son back in 2012 just before the orphanage was going to move to the new location. Ever since we have (every now and then) been searching for the new postal address. Unfortunately without much success. Would you happen to have the address of the orphanage so we can send them some pictures of our boy (who has grown quite a lot since then)?
    Any other contact data (like email) would be most welcome as well.

    Yvette and Roger

    ReplyDelete